Director of Employability and Skills
Closing date: Sunday 4 August 2019
Interview date: W/C Monday 19 August 2019
St Helens College is seeking to appoint a motivated Director of Employability and Skills to provide strategic and operational leadership of programmes designed to develop students’ employability skills, including Apprenticeships, Work Placement, Industry Placement and Employability Skills Programmes. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), you will make a significant contribution to the development and achievement of the College Group’s Strategic plans and corporate targets.
Working closely with the Heads of Faculty, you will be accountable for the embedding of employability skills development opportunities in curriculum delivery for all students. This appointment will see you working across all College sites, with the key focus of ensuring consistency in approach and substantial and sustained performance improvement across the College Group.
The successful candidate must have:
- A track record of managing staff and teams across multiple sites and the successful achievement of challenging Apprenticeship and Work / Industry Placement targets
- Successful experience of establishing a culture of high expectations within an Employability Skills setting
- The ability to plan and implement a long-term strategy to further grow and develop the Employability Skills curriculum to meet local, regional and national needs, whilst ensuring financial viability
- The ability to plan and implement Apprenticeship Standards in line with employer and LEP priorities
- The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.