HMP Spring Hill are recruiting an experienced Carpentry Lecturer with excellent industry knowledge to join the education team on site at the prison.
As a Carpentry Lecturer, you will support learners to achieve success. Helping them to develop confidence, skills and experience in order to achieve Level 1 and 2 Carpentry qualifications, which learners can then utilise to gain sustainable employment upon release or secure a career in custody.
You will be delivering a Carpentry course to a diverse group of learners within the prison, using your knowledge and abilities, you will also assist in developing a strong vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Carpentry. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Carpentry teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will need to be:
• Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
• Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
• Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
• Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
• Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
• Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
• Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
• Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
• Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
• Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
• Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
• The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via link.