SEND Manager (SENCo)
Part-Time, 18.5 hours per week, Fixed Term (maternity cover)
SGS Academy Trust have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term for one year Maternity Cover SEND Manager, at SGS Berkeley Green UTC to start in September 2019.
At SGS Berkeley Green UTC we believe in developing our students in more ways than just providing an exceptional academic education. We truly believe that it is our responsibility as teachers to shape our students into the technological leaders of tomorrow by focusing on the development of their employability skills. Our curriculum is structured in a way that enhances the attributes needed to succeed in industry, and allows our students to thrive in a mature, employer-focused environment.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging SEND Manager (SENCo) to join our team, to cover Maternity Leave. The successful candidate will have had experience in identification/investigation of SEND needs, responding to consults, costed provision maps, managing a SEND team, and ability to train staff. The successful candidate will assist the Head Teacher with Ofsted preparation, have oversight of Local Offer / SEND Information, policy and reporting, oversight of LSA timetable, line manage LSAs, oversight of Access Arrangements, liaising with external agencies, oversight of student profiles
We require a colleague who has:
- A passion for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
- A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 and KS5 or an NQT with significant potential;
- Exceptional drive and excellent interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life.
In return we offer:
- Teaching at KS4 and KS5 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
- Excellent induction programme for NQTs, career returners and applicants with an industrial background;
- State of the art facilities in a purpose-built £15million Engineering and Digital Technologies environment;
- The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team at a time of great change and potential;
- A professional, business led organisation with unparalleled CPD opportunities and support from SGS College, Gloucestershire University and many business partners.
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education?
Can you support our students to become the wealth creators and idea generators of the future?
If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
Closing Date: Friday 28th June 2019
Expected Interview Date: Friday 5th July 2019
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please apply via the link.