Teacher - Functional Skills English x2
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Wetherby to join the education team as a Functional Skills (English) Teacher on permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
HMYOI Wetherby in West Yorkshire, is a custodial establishment for Young People, aged between the ages of 15 and 18. There are currently around 280 young people in the YOI with an operational capacity of 320. All young people work towards English and Maths qualifications, as well as ICT, PSD, and vocational pathways which include construction, creative arts, hospitality and catering, business administration, industrial cleaning and horticulture. We also offer an Advice and Guidance service which helps our young people with post release opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to teach, develop and deliver high quality learner focussed education. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future.
This is an exceptionally rewarding role, do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have a track record of teaching national curriculum to a good or outstanding standard.
- Have experience of developing an engaging and differentiated curriculum offer to ensure learners are engaged and achieve the desired outcomes.
- Hold a teaching qualification - minimum Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent.
- Hold QTS / QTLS.
- Hold a degree or equivalent subject specialist qualification or have a willingness to work towards this.
- Desirable to have experience in teaching yoga or a similar therapeutic skill.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the job description.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.