Lecturer - Inclusive Learning
Our Inclusive Learning team have a fantastic opportunity to join them as Course Team Leader.
The Inclusive Learning team are committed to developing our students to achieve their highest potential through their chosen subject, whilst learning invaluable skills to support them in their future. The team challenge our students to be themselves — creative, imaginative and fantastic individuals. Their shared goal is for each student to leave the College with the tools to progress and to get the best out of their future lives. The Inclusive Learning programmes offer choices for students with learning difficulties and disabilities to develop independent living and work skills in a friendly, supportive and fun learning environment.
Students within Inclusive Learning can expect to experience learning in the classroom, out in the community and in our new horticultural centre, with the opportunity to look after animals and run independent projects. You will be joining a team dedicated to delivering the best possible learning environment for each individual student. We also have a permanent Inclusive Living Flat, in which students can learn skills they will need in daily life to be able to be independent, such as changing and making the bed, washing up and cooking meals.
Closing date: Monday 8th July 2019
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A recognised higher level teaching qualification or willing to work towards.
- A level 2 Qualification in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Experience of working with young people with complex SEN.
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery across a range of levels, attaining high quality student outcomes.
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment.
- Previous experience working with parents/carers to support student welfare and achievement.
- Relevant industry experience and a willingness to maintain it.
Please apply via the link.