Public Services / Criminology (Applied Social Sciences) Programme Manager (Pearson BTEC HND)
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected and QAA reviewed with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
We now require a qualified and experienced Public Services practitioner to manage and develop the Centre’s BTEC HND provision. The position would entail some termly teaching but more importantly the responsibility for quality, standards and enhancement meeting the expectations of QAA, OfS and Pearson.
This is a full-time position although for the right candidate a fractional post may also be considered.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- Significant (practitioner) work experience in a Public Services role
- Master’s degree (or PG level qual) in a relevant subject and demonstrable record of continuous professional development.
- Adequate years’ teaching, and assessment experience on Pearson BTEC HND programmes
- Experience as a course or programme manager
- Experience of module leadership, assessment design and internal verification
- Detailed knowledge of Pearson quality assurance processes and the QAA Quality Code
- Teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards completion
- Experience in curriculum design, evaluation and annual monitoring
- Commitment to and understanding of the development needs of students from diverse backgrounds and in particular adult learners
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Have demonstrable MS Office Skills, VLE and Turnitin experience
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptably to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
The College is an equal opportunities employer with a friendly and inclusive environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
Please apply via the link.