We are Study Group, a pathway provider college which offers international students (age 17+) the chance to study programmes that are specially designed, university-recognized courses. Our courses help international students to gain the academic, English language and learning standards that they need to succeed, giving them the best possible start to a UK or European education. We strive to create a better world through education and value driven staff that share the same passion.
Due to some very exciting growth, we are looking for a Curriculum Leader in Business to join our University of Sheffield International College. In this fantastic job role, you will join as a senior member of the business team, giving you coordination responsibility additional to your teaching hours. As the largest pathway college within the UK & Europe, with over 1,500 students enrolled annually, you’ll be joining a large collaborative team that are passionate about teaching and learning. We offer the chance to work from state of the art facilities, and within a ‘One Team’ culture that creates an excellent working environment.
This is a varied job role that gives you both teaching and coordination responsibility. You’ll be teaching a number of Business and Management modules (14-16 hours per week) across our Pre-Masters programme, to medium groups (15-20) of international students. You’ll be encouraged to create an engaging and innovative learning environment, and you’ll be given the autonomy that you need to do this effectively. Additional to your teaching, you will have academic oversight of assessments in your area, produce progress reports, monitor specific modules, and manage timetabling. There will also be some line management experience involved, as well as regular module meetings that you would be required to take.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience teaching in Business and Management in a Further Education or Higher Education context, teaching at a minimum of Level 3. (Essential).
- Module Coordination experience in a Further Education or Higher Education environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Business or a relevant subject. (Essential).
- A recognised teaching qualification (essential).
- Experience teaching students under the age of 18 (desirable)
- Previous experience teaching International Students (desirable).
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- A large global network that offers fantastic career opportunities.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.