Head of Apprenticeships and Commercial Training
Location: Based at the Wakefield City Campus (travel between sites in the District and beyond will be required)
We have a fabulous opportunity for a dedicated and talented individual to lead the Apprenticeships and Commercial Training Team at Wakefield College where staff, students and Governors are celebrating following a successful Ofsted Inspection where the College achieved a rating of ‘Good’ across all inspection areas.
Wakefield College has experienced significant growth within the Apprenticeship provision and we work in partnership with a number of levy-paying large public sector and private sector organisations. As a Head of Department for the Apprenticeship and Commercial Training Team, you will lead the strategic development and delivery of the College’s apprenticeship curriculum ensuring that the apprenticeship provision that is offered is broad, comprehensive and achieves high levels of employer satisfaction.
You must have:
- A track record of managing staff and teams and the successful achievement of challenging Apprenticeship and Commercial Training targets
- Successful experience of establishing a culture of a high expectation within an Apprenticeships and Commercial Training setting
- The ability to plan and implement a long-term strategy to further grow and develop the curriculum to meet local, regional and national need whilst ensuring financial viability
- The ability to plan and implement Apprenticeship Standards in line with employer and LEP priorities.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing Date: 11.00am on Monday 8 July 2019
Interview and Assessment Day: Week commencing 15 July 2019
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.