Curriculum Development Manager - Construction
This is an excellent time to join Wakefield College. Staff, students and Governors are celebrating following a successful Ofsted Inspection where the College achieved a rating of ‘Good’ across all inspection areas.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and hardworking Construction team, supporting every student to reach their full potential and to allow students to progress and develop skills at higher levels.
This will be coupled with an annual teaching commitment determined from the department’s strategic plan but that will not exceed 621 hours per year.
Supporting the Head of Curriculum, this will involve:
- Assisting in the planning, review, development of the Construction curriculum.
- Providing leadership for the development of up to date materials and resources to support the Construction curriculum development, teaching and learning.
- Helping improve the delivery of the schemes of work and the assessment, recording and reporting processes for student achievement.
- Monitoring performance against key performance indicators, especially in relation to recruitment, retention, attendance and success targets.
We’re specifically looking for the following experience/skills:
- A degree in a relevant subject/discipline
- Excellent IT skills, ideally gained in the industry and further used and strengthened in an educational environment
- Successful experience of teaching, ideally at HE as well as FE level
- A proven track record of improving the learner experience and the ability to make accurate judgements about the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements. These are just a few of our benefits you may be entitled to:
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
Closing date: 11.00am Friday 28 June 2019
Provisional interview date: 12 July 2019
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.