Vocational Lecturer - Prison Education
Do you like working in a challenging but rewarding environment where each day is different and time flies?
Are you enthusiastic about passing on your trade knowledge and skills to learners?
Have you ever thought of a career in Prison Education?
Milton Keynes College Prison Education Team at HMP Bullingdon are seeking experienced Trades people or Vocational Lecturers/Trainers to deliver a variety of accredited and non-accredited qualifications to a diverse group of learners, helping to build their confidence, develop their skills and achieve within a college environment.
Sessional requirements can be varying and change frequently so flexible availability is essential. Requirements can range from short notice short term cover to longer term sickness cover or recruitment gaps and anything in between. If you hold qualifications or expertise in more than one trade – For example: Bricks and Carpentry, this could give you the opportunity to cover across multiple courses and prisons in the area, and as a result the potential for more cover hours.
A teaching qualification would be desirable, however those willing to work towards a teaching qualification who hold supporting subject specialism would also be considered. If you are a passionate person with the capacity to become a great teacher we can provide the training to help you achieve your full potential, just as we expect to be able to help our students achieve theirs.
Milton Keynes College at HMP Bullingdon are currently looking for individuals with one or more trade skill sets to support their curriculum delivery, such as:
- Multi Skills / DIY / Handyman
- General Maintenance skills
- Wall / Floor tiling
- Painting & Decorating
This is an exciting time for prison education and a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours/sessional tutor with potential to be covering part or full time hours. Prison education runs all year round, HMP Bullingdon’s delivery hours are Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 11.30am and 1.45pm – 4.00pm, and on Fridays 9.00am – 11.30am.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant Vocational qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards this, with supporting subject specialism.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students/individuals who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.