HMP Full Sutton’s education department are looking for an experienced Maths lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver Maths to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As a Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team you will help to develop a strong Maths programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
As the successful Maths Lecturer you will be teaching predominantly Functional Skills up to Level 2 and able to deliver GCSE and AS Level Maths qualifications.
Education at HMP Full Sutton runs Monday-Thursday, 2 lessons per day. If successful for this part time role you would work 08:00-17:15 2 days per week (ideally Tuesday and Wednesday).
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Maths. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Maths teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: 27th June 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.