Lecturer in Hairdressing
Interview date: W/C Monday 8 July 2019
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated Lecturer in Hairdressing to cover maternity leave. This is an exciting opportunity to work within an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement.
The successful candidate must work within the department to support the success and achievement of our learners. The enthusiasm and drive to develop new curriculum and to enhance our current curriculum offer will be required. We are looking for an outstanding staff member to complement our existing structure and be part of a team that supports colleagues and students.
The successful candidate must have:
- Level 1, 2 and 3 qualification in Hairdressing
- A recognised assessor qualification
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Teaching within Higher Education would be an advantage
- A recognised verifiers qualification would be an advantage
- Experience of delivery, assessing and motivating students in all aspects of Hairdressing in further education, across various age groups
- Good IT skills and experience
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.