Art and Ceramics Lecturer
HMP Erlestoke have an exciting opportunity for an Art and Ceramics Tutor/Lecturer to join the education department in the prison on a part-time basis for 20 hours per week (Mon-Thurs mornings).
As a highly motivated individual with excellent Art and Ceramics Skills, you will use your current industry experience to support and inspire learners to develop confidence, skills and experience and achieve Art and Ceramics qualifications.
This is an amazing opportunity, which will be both challenging and highly rewarding. As an Art and Ceramics tutor / lecturer / teacher, you will be delivering EOL Level 2 Art and Ceramics courses to a diverse group of learners within the prison.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will also help to develop a strong Art and Ceramics programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Art and Ceramics. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Art and Ceramics teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Closing date: 26th June 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.