Head of Centre
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Our Holland International Study Centre is a unique centre within the Study Group network. Due to some exciting changes, we are looking for an academic leader with an excellent understanding of the Dutch education system to take ownership of the operational delivery of the centre, whilst working strategically with the Cluster Director to deliver the wider Study Group strategy. Uniquely working with four University partners (which includes the highest ranked in our network) you will represent Study Group to build lasting relationships, whilst acting as a pioneer for international education in the Netherlands.
You’ll be tasked to analyse the works streams within the centre and implement change management strategies that will have a positive impact on student experience and progression. The centre is fast paced and forward thinking, and there’s ample opportunity for you to oversee the development of new exciting programmes.
- To provide effective leadership to enhance the student learning experience and to foster a culture of teaching excellence.
- To contribute to and implement the expectations articulated in Study Group’s strategic pillars, identified annual outcomes and guiding principles.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with Our 4 partners universities: 3 Research universities and 1 university of Applied science
- To lead the relationship with our 4 partner universities in respect of operational and academic management matters.
- To ensure the delivery of high quality academic and language programmes To ensure the delivery of high quality academic and language programmes at VWO level
- To ensure the achievement of academic outcomes, progression and registration in line with KPIs.
- To drive innovation to support the development of a wide range of teaching, learning and assessment opportunities.
- To ensure compliance with quality assurance and safeguarding procedures within the Centre.
- To ensure teaching is effective and efficient, observing classes as appropriate and appraising staff annually and maintaining staff records.
- To work collaboratively with key stakeholders within the Study Group network.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You’ll be an academic leader with experience managing a similar centre or large department within a Further Education or Higher Education environment (essential).
- You will need to be a fluent Dutch speaker with expert knowledge of the Dutch education system (essential).
- You will be experienced in leading on the development of programmes/curriculum (essential).
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (essential).
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- A large global network that offers fantastic career opportunities.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, a certificate of conduct (VOG)) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.