Apprentice IT Support Technician
Fixed term contract for two years
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is organised, has a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail and would like to make IT their chosen career path.
As a member of the IT Services team, you will follow a development programme which will give you a broad range of experience over the period of your apprenticeship. You will work as part of a team who provide first and second line IT support to users throughout the College, resolving technical problems to ensure a high standard of performance of IT facilities within the College.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you should have:
- GCSE grade A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- GCSE grade A* - C in ICT or equivalent
- A willingness to undertake the ICT Apprenticeship qualification*
*To be able to undertake this apprenticeship you must not already hold a Level 3 or higher ICT qualification, as this will be undertaken as part of the Apprenticeship
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 24 June 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 10 July 2019
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.