Head of Education
Milton Keynes College has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Education to join the team at HMP Belmarsh.
As Head of Education, you will demonstrate clear, decisive and enterprising leadership in the effective and efficient management of all aspects of the Department’s work.
You will have proven prison management experience and be able to inspire and challenge staff to create a dynamic culture of innovation with outstanding learning, teaching and student success throughout.
You will lead the department, working closely with the Prison Senior Team, to raise standards through the rigorous implementation of target setting, continuous performance management and quality improvement. You will work across the whole establishment, on all wings where education is delivered including the delivery in the High Security Unit.
You will build strong relationships with key partners within the prison, outside the prison and with the College’s wider Long Term High Security Estate Education Leadership Team to deliver a shared Education vison.
Closing date: Sunday 30th June 2019
As a successful candidate you will:
- Have proven teaching and/or relevant commercial experience.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Leadership & Management (or be willing to work towards).
- Have proven experience in prison management.
- Have proven experience of managing teams in a challenging environment, effectively managing tensions as they arise.
- Hold a teaching qualification and ideally Assessor/Verifier awards.
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have well developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of effectively implementing and managing quality improvement processes.
- Display energy, drive and an entrepreneurial attitude to work.
- Have considerable curriculum development experience and be able to articulate an attractive curriculum vision.
Please apply via the link.