Prince's Trust Team Leader
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at Wakefield City Campus with travel around the district
We are seeking a Team Leader to recruit for and deliver the Prince’s Trust programme for young people in the Wakefield area, directly in line with the established Toolkit, KPI’s and targets.
The Team programme is one of The Trust’s most long-standing and core programmes. It is a full-time 12-week personal development programme for 16 – 25 year olds, largely delivered through community work. Its primary aim is to build confidence, motivation and skills to help unemployed young people return to education or move into employment.
As Team Leader, your day to day activities will involve:
- recruiting young people for the Team programmes
- planning and running an inspirational Team experience for young people
- supporting young people into positive outcomes
- working to budget, recruitment and retention targets
- working with the Prince’s Trust Team Toolkit and implementing appropriate action plans to address issues raised in reviews.
We are looking for someone who is supportive, patient and a positive role model for young people. You will encourage and challenge young people to encounter situations outside their comfort zone and help them develop key employability skills and life skills to support them to have a positive future.
With a proven history of empowering disengaged young people and supporting them to achieve their goals, your inspirational approach and non-judgemental attitude will be backed by the following qualifications and skills:
- GCSE A*-C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Good planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide range of people
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed. For further details please refer the job description and person specification.
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
Closing Date: 11.00am on Friday 21 June 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 2 July 2019
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.