Adviser: Information, Advice and Guidance
Milton Keynes College are recruiting for an Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser to join the team at HMP Whitemoor.
As an Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser, you will be responsible for effectively managing prisoner caseloads in order to achieve sustained employment, training, continued education, course enrolment and completion of prison employment outcomes. You will provide Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) in both an individual and group setting and will coach, mentor, support and signpost as required to achieve outcomes.
As a successful IAG Adviser, you will deliver a programme of support for prisoners that complements custodial education and employment strategies in order to help them achieve their personal learning goals and to assist them in their rehabilitative journey.
You will be managing a varied caseload, and seeing approximately 30 clients each month. Creating and updating a skills action plan for each client. You will also be responsible for supporting prisoners wishing to access Distance Learning provision, in liaison with the prison Learning and Skills Manager.
You will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of an effective and high quality IAG service in custody. This will be delivered in partnership with all stakeholders
Hours: 22.2 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: Monday 24th June 2019
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- An IAG qualification at a minimum of Level 3, or equivalent, and be willing to undertake CPD to gain a higher level. Having the Employer Related Services (ERS) Diploma would be a distinct advantage.
- Level 2 English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a customer interfacing role.
- A track record of success in an Adviser role with particular strengths in delivering to targets, demonstrating empathy, empowerment, challenge and resilience.
- Experience of providing 1-1 and/or group IAG.
- Strong interpersonal, and excellent communication, skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to interact with individuals at all levels, demonstrating a “can do” approach within the constraints of a custodial setting.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks successfully.
- Good administration/ICT skills.
- Experience of working within a prison environment would be advantageous.
Please apply via the link.