Teacher / Lecturer in Psychology
This is an exciting opportunity to join the successful Sixth Form at Wakefield College. Wakefield Sixth Form has a strong academic ethos; working towards excellence for our students and helping each individual to achieve their full potential. The overall A level pass rate is consistently high, at 97% and above. Psychology is a popular subject in the Wakefield Sixth Form.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring teacher/lecturer, preferably with a track record of success in teaching A level Psychology. As a member of the Sixth Form, you will be joining a team of professional, dedicated and experienced A level teachers in a positive and supportive environment where staff enjoy a good sense of camaraderie and have high expectations of themselves and their students.
As a Lecturer in Psychology, you should:
- Have experience of teaching A level Psychology
- Have experience of adopting a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Have a degree in Psychology (or other related discipline)
- Hold GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications (Grades 9 - 4) or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum
- The ability to plan, deliver, assess and evaluate teaching and learning activities effectively
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 24 June 2019
Interview date: Provisionally Monday 1 July 2019
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.