Supported Learning Job Coach - Maternity Cover - up to 9 months
Closing date: Friday 21 June 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 3 July 2019
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to join our Supported Learning department based at the Stockbridge campus.
The main purpose of the role is to source work experience placements for groups of young people and adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and to place and support the learners and mentors in the workplace. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with a wide range of students aged from 16 – 19 and adults.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a qualification in relevant discipline (or equivalent demonstrable experience).
- Hold GCSE English & Math (A-C).
- Have experience of supporting individuals who face barriers in their everyday life.
- Have experience of providing support to individuals to achieve goals and ambitions.
- Have experience of working with a range of partners, support agencies and employers.
- Have the ability to understand the barriers that individuals with learning disabilities face when seeking employment.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
Please apply via the link.