Offender Resettlement Worker
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
Novus deliver resettlement services, known as Through the Gate services, in 4 of the London prisons. We work closely with stakeholders and partners to provide a high quality service that addresses and meets the needs and interests of service users. We support with accommodation, employment, finance, benefit & debt and we work with those in custody at the early stages and during the last 12 weeks before release into the community. We also signpost to other approved agencies, if necessary. Our aim is to reduce re-offending and, thereby, reduce the number of victims affected by crime and create safer communities.
We are seeking to appoint an Offender Resettlement Worker to be based within HMP Wormwood Scrubs on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The purpose of this role is to ensure, via appropriate assessment, that prospective and existing clients receive relevant and easily understood information regarding resettlement provision in custody and continuing support on release on licence and on Post Sentence Supervision.
To do this successfully you will need:
- To hold or be willing to work towards a level 3 information, advice and guidance qualification within an agreed time scale.
- To hold or be willing to work towards level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy within an agreed timescale.
- Relevant experience of conducting initial assessments and supporting the learning of individuals and groups.
- Experience of working within a custodial setting with those presenting with a range of abilities and challenging behaviour.
- Experience of successful working in an effective multi-disciplinary team.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.