Team Leader - PEF Deployment (X3)
The LTE group structure encompasses the strengths of each of our individual organisations (The Manchester College, Novus, MOL and LTE) allowing them the freedom to focus on their own learners, colleagues, stakeholders and communities, whilst providing the support and added value of a Group. Each of our 5,000 colleagues benefits from the opportunity to develop and progress their career within and across our wider Group network.
We have a great opportunity to join the IT Services Team as a PEF Deployment Team Leader on a fixed term (12 months), full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The IT Technical Team Leader will lead a team of Technicians making sure their day-to-day priorities are clearly aligned and they have access to all resources and tools necessary to carry out their role. The IT Technical Team Leader will also approve holiday, sickness and expenses requests ensuring compliance with college guidelines and the necessary cover of resource as per the contract.
The role requires working closely with the PMO and ITS team and also managing external stakeholders. You will be part of the LTE Group ITS team, focused on providing high quality, reliable IT services to our customers.
In order to do this role you will need:
- Proven Experience of installation and troubleshooting of core infrastructure hardware. Eg Tier1 vendor Servers, Switches, Routers, Wi-Fi and UPS.
- Experience of working in often complex and challenging distributed cabling environments is highly desirable. An understanding of the difference between fibre standards and the required optics for example, is desirable along with the associated troubleshooting skills required to achieve connectivity.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in: hardware, software and LAN/WAN networking.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting virtualised server environments, VMware ESXi 6.7 desirable.
- Provable Experience and support skills in Windows 2016/2019 Server.
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy and general administration skills are required.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and basic troubleshooting of OS and software deployment is desirable
- Supporting a large number of customers within a customer service orientated environment.
- Possess a relevant Level 3 Information Technology technical qualification.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Please note that we will request a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check for the successful candidate for this post.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation
Please apply via the link.