Teacher: Information, Advice and Guidance
Milton Keynes College are recruiting for an Information, Advice and Guidance Assessor to work nationally across our prisons from the Isle of Wight to Wakefield.
As a successful IAG Assessor, you will be delivering up to level 4, Information, Advice and Guidance qualifications to a diverse group of learners within the prison. By obtaining their IAG qualifications, the learners will be able to co-deliver Information, Advice and Guidance within the prisons. There may also be the opportunity to train staff to achieve these qualifications.
You will help to develop a strong Information, Advice and Guidance programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Assessor to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and assessing in IAG. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated IAG Assessor, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and motivated Assessor, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
This role will consist of variable hours and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Hours: Variable hours per week
Closing date: 18th June 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant IAG qualification – Level 4 and above.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, DET, PGCE, Cert Ed) or be willing to work towards this.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.