Teacher of Computing
7 days left
- Full Time
Start Date: September 2019
Bellerbys College Brighton is looking for a full time, permanent Teacher of Computing to deliver highly effective modules across our pathways including A Level in Computer Science, our own Computing Foundation Course and potentially GCSE ICT.
You will need to project a flexible and open minded approach to your teaching. Our classrooms are interactive and engaging and our small classes ranging from 6-14 international students and bitesize modules are what make teaching at Bellerbys so great.
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work for Computer Science, Computing and IT, ensuring up to date information.
- Ensuring students’ notes are appropriate and well-organised.
- Marking student work and returning within agreed deadlines
- Marking exams and coursework.
- Furnish detailed comments for UCAS applications when requested.
- Liaising with Head of Subject of IT, Head of Faculty, Head of Sections & Exams Officer as appropriate to make exam entries for students taught.
- Writing academic reports as required.
- Using educational technology in teaching, including interactive whiteboard with StudySmart.
- Ensure students have appropriate textbooks, liaising with the Head of Subject of IT as necessary.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching.
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety.
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (e.g. cover, invigilation etc.).
- Tutor duties may be required – dependent on role and college (pastoral and HE guidance pending term and group).
- Other related activities as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Subject of IT or Head of Faculty.
- Good first degree essential.
- Good first degree in IT or Computing desirable but not essential.
- Teaching qualification desirable but not essential.
- Experience of teaching Computing.
- Expert knowledge of effective teaching and learning methods, particularly in a further education context.
- Clear subject knowledge (to be assessed at interview).
- Competitive salary.
- Subsidised lunch.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.