Student Support Worker
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP/YOI Feltham to join the education team as a Student Support Worker on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The purpose of this role is to ensure, via appropriate assessment, that prospective and existing learners receive relevant and easily understood information regarding learning and skills provision and continuing support. The role will contribute to a multi-disciplinary approach that seeks to facilitate a smooth transition to the resettlement of the learner into the community.
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy.
- Have relevant experience of conducting initial assessments and supporting learning of individuals and groups.
- Have experience of working with groups of learner with a range of abilities.
- Have experience of successful working in an effective multi-disciplinary team.
- Have experience with supporting Learning Difficulties & Disabilities students.
- Have experience working with 18-21 year olds in education setting.
- Have experience working with computer based screening tools.
In addition to your annual salary, you will receive a £3,000 taxable attraction, payable on successful completion of your probation period (9 months). Followed by an additional £2,000 taxable paid on completion of a full 2 years service.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.