Senior Lecturer - Civil Engineering
An exciting opportunity to join a new team to develop the Civil Engineering division, teaching adults (18-60) across the college. You will be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning at undergraduate & Postgraduate levels.
- To be proactive in the development of the curriculum area.
- To be fully conversant with HE programme(s)/course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- Good knowledge of HE regulatory quality and standard requirements is essential.
- To support and stimulate professional updating within the defined curriculum area.
- To be responsible for the completion of the course review process and Quality Improvement Plan.
- To assist with the continuing development of learning resources to support the curriculum.
- To actively inform the curriculum content to meet a range of needs.
- To take responsibility for the day to day operational coordination of the course and its delivery.
- To assist the college`s quality and standard in monitoring and using the College IT systems to ensure student success, Familiarity with the use of : Pro- Solution, Moodle, Blackboard, internal verification procedures is essential.
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets for the area, including arranging interviews and open days, and specific curriculum events.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on a range of quality indicators related to the learner experience. These will include: attendance, retention, success, value added, student survey outcomes.
- To monitor, report and action as appropriate on the progress of action plans to ensure improvements are brought about in a timely manner.
- To manage the HNC/HND civil engineering staff and monitor their contractual duties, attend all departmental meetings on college campus as well as our college partner campuses, report and action as appropriate on the progress of action plans to ensure improvements are brought about in a timely manner.
- Willingness to attend College & UCAS, Open day and other off-campus events, if required
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing the Civil Engineering curriculum at level 4, 5, 6 & 7 to enable learners to become successful in their chosen careers. You will have extensive industrial, commercial or research experience within the civil engineering discipline and also have had good teaching experience at a wide range of levels (HNC/HND & Degree levels). Ideally the successful candidate is a chartered engineer and a PhD degree holder with good undergraduate teaching experience and Civil & construction practice.
- Industrial, commercial or teaching experience in Civil Engineering or similar appropriate Construction & build environments discipline.
- Possession of UK PhD degree or equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering discipline and holding active C.Eng. status at professional level.
- Demonstrate up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Be able to teach in a way that inspires, challenges and develops students Respond effectively to a range of learning styles.
- Good knowledge of the HE regulatory framework.
Please apply via the link.