Head of Sixth Form (Foundation)
Our Bellerbys College Brighton is looking for a Head of Sixth Form Reporting to the Director of Welfare, the Head of Sixth Form will assume responsibility for leading provision in their Programme. The post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team and will ensure that an excellent standard of academic progress and pastoral care is maintained across the programme. The Head of Sixth Form works closely with all members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure effective delivery of all aspects of this important role.
- Overseeing strategies and structures to ensure the wellbeing of students in GCSE/Foundation/A Level including provision of welfare advice, guidance and support.
- To lead the Senior Tutor/s for Foundation.
- To develop the Tutorial and PSHE programmes ensuring that they are relevant and delivered to a high standard by tutors.
- To be responsible for attendance and discipline and to handle issues which have gone beyond the remit of the Head of Boarding and/or Senior Tutors.
- Inducting new students onto the Foundation programme.
- Ensuring safeguarding regulations and best practice are met at all times.
- Managing the Foundation programme.
- To oversee the monitoring and tracking of Foundation student progress and progression onto university.
- Overseeing the university application process for the programme and support students through clearing (if required).
- To undertake teaching as required.
- To provide guidance for individual staff and to assist with staff induction, appraisal, discipline and welfare, as required.
- To respond to parental concerns, complaints and enquiries on all matters of pastoral welfare, behaviour and academic progress.
- Liaising with agents and parents on behalf of the college.
- Actively promoting the college by maintaining a positive and can-do attitude in all communications.
- Advising students, parents, agents and visitors to the college about the Programme and discussing individual student progression with parents and agents as required.
- Undertaking specific marketing activities as required.
- Managing the relationships and arranging presentation/ visits with 10 key partner universities.
- To lead and deliver the College’s development plan and priorities in the Foundation Programme
- To report on and ensure regulatory compliance and inspection readiness in this area of the college.
- Supporting both the Head of Finance and Operations and the Principal in the recovery and reduction of outstanding debt for the college, when the time comes meet with students to discuss outstanding fees.
- Liaising with the Student Liaison officer and Head of Finance and Operations on internal progressing students enrolments.
- A good first degree.
- Experience of teaching Foundation and/or A Level
- Teaching qualification
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.