Maths Lecturer (0.8 FTE)
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver outstanding GCSE and Functional Skills Maths provision to a wide range of fulltime learners, through an exceptional student experience leading to positive achievement outcomes.
- Undertake a range of administrative and development duties that contributes to improving learner’s skills, abilities, confidences, achievements and progression.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Deliver excellent GCSE Maths and Functional Skills Maths teaching to predominantly 16- 19 year old learners.
- Contribute to the Maths department/team through an enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive approach, utilising a proven record of innovation and teaching experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitively for the needs of your learners to support their progression and achievement outcomes.
- Apply differentiated and engaging teaching, learning and assessment strategies to enable learners to achieve their potential.
- Through a well-organised manner regularly review and monitor learner’s attendance, targets and progress and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their potential.
- Monitor learners progress through core duties including initial diagnostic assessments, ILPs, learner profile contribution, preparation, marking, effective feedback, tracking progress (including ProMonitor), exam preparation and supporting appropriate intervention.
- Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback.
- Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of GCSE Maths and Functional Skills including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities.
- Attend meetings and contribute to the continual quality improvement mechanisms, including IV and standardisation.
- Develop quality and innovative resources (including e-resources) which support the development of GCSE / Functional skills teaching, learning and assessment.
- Prepare and enter learners for exams in a timely basis.
- Play an active role in raising the standards and awareness of Maths across college.
- Keep up to date and adapt to changes with current national developments in GCSE Maths and Functional Skills.
- Share in responsibility for ensuring good standards of students behaviour and take appropriate disciplinary action when liaising with course tutors.
- Contribute to the advice, guidance and assessment of prospective learners, e.g. marketing activities, student interviews, placement and open days.
- Communicate effectively with students and peers.
Closing date: 4th June 2019
Interview date: 13th June 2019
Please apply via the link.