Full time and Part time opportunities available
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver outstanding Business provision to a wide range of full-time learners, through an exceptional student experience leading to positive achievement outcomes.
- Undertake a range of administrative and development duties that contributes to improving standards and achievements and the learner experience.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Deliver and teach on all Business related qualification from Level 1 to Higher National Diploma to agreed success targets. This may include Business Administration and Accounting courses.
- Regularly review and monitor the attendance and progress of learners and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their targets.
- Carry out, collate and feedback initial and/or diagnostic assessments to identify students ILP and support as required, providing differentiated learning strategies to enable students to achieve their primary learning goal.
- Provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
- Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback.
- Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of Business including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities.
- Update and maintain electronic documentation to support teaching and learning, assessment and tracking of learner progress.
- Attend curriculum meetings and contribute to the continual quality improvement mechanisms (e.g. maintenance of course files, timely updating of ILPs on ProMonitor).
- Develop quality resources (including e-resources) which support the development of Business.
- Actively develop and use new technology in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Prepare and enter learners for exams in a timely basis.
- Liaise with the Curriculum area and Learner Managers including attending IV and standardisation meetings.
- Actively support the embedding of Maths and English into vocational area and participate in curriculum development regarding the teaching and learning of Business.
- Keep up to date with current developments and adapt to changes in Business.
- Share in responsibility for ensuring good standards of student’s behaviour and take appropriate disciplinary action when liaising with course tutors.
- Take an active part in the recruitment of learners providing appropriate advice and guidance.
- Liaise whenever appropriate with feeder schools and support agencies.
- Contribute to the advice and guidance and assessment of prospective learners, e.g. student interviews and open days.
- Contribute to course marketing activities.
Closing date: 4th June 2019
Interview date: 12th June 2019
Please apply via the link.