Painting and Decorating Lecturer
Milton Keynes College have a part-time Painting and Decorating Lecturer opportunity available at HMP Gartree. You will be a valued member of the education department within the prison, delivering Painting and Decorating to a diverse group of learners. This is an exciting opportunity which will be varied and highly rewarding.
The course is delivered over 3 days from Monday to Wednesday. The days and hours have limited negotiation to fit in with the rest of the timetabled lessons.
As a successful Painting and Decorating Lecturer, you will use your industry experience to support learners, helping them to develop confidence, skills and experience to achieve Vocational qualifications, which learners can then apply to gain sustainable employment upon release or secure a career within custody.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team, you will also help to develop a strong Painting and Decorating programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Painting and Decorating. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Painting and Decorating teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Hours: 24.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date: Monday 27th May 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards one.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.