Lecturer - Forensic & Applied Science
Milton Keynes College are looking to appoint a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Course Team Leader to inspire students studying for qualifications within the forensic and applied sciences.
Milton Keynes College Science curriculum offers Applied Science at Level 2 and Forensic and Criminal Investigation at Level 3, covering a wide range of subjects. This is a curriculum area that demonstrates excellent growth potential and due to the high level of student recruitment and success within the team, we have a new opportunity for a Course Team Leader specialising in Forensic and Applied Science to join our team.
As a Course Team Leader for the Applied Science curriculum area, you will be overseeing the development of this curriculum area within the School, supporting students to progress and excel and monitoring performance throughout the academic year based upon your skills and experience. You will also be sharing best practice and knowledge across the School.
As a Course Team Leader you will demonstrate the ability to deliver outstanding teaching and learning as well as a destination focused experience that will enable our students to succeed in the ever-changing world of work, with many of the students progressing into higher education. You will have a passion for forensic and applied science and will deliver student success through effective curriculum and lesson planning which meets individual needs, and is inspirational and innovative.
Our forensic and applied science courses offer learners a wide range of opportunity to explore and understand the various Higher Education and employment prospects within the industry.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic team player who shares our passion for success and is keen to contribute to the excellent delivery of forensic and applied science to students who wish to move onto Higher Education or employment.
Flexible working hours or job shares will be considered.
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019
Interview date: Thursday 20th June
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a Science related subject or strong industry related experience.
- Strong Forensic and Applied Science industry knowledge.
- Strong evidence of the skills needed to deliver practical laboratory-based science sessions.
- A level 2 qualification in English & Maths.
- Evidence of your continuing commitment to self-development through courses and work that you have undertaken.
- A track record of Good or better teaching and learning delivery that attain good student outcomes.
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment.
- An ability to develop the quality of the student experience that leads to outstanding outcomes.
- An ability to effectively embed equal opportunities and safeguarding into curriculum delivery.
- A good understanding of how technology can be used to enhance teaching, learning and assessment in classroom, workplace and virtual contexts.
Please apply via the link.