Cashier & Purchase Ledger Assistant
25 hours per week
At Milton Keynes College the Finance team are at the heart of the Business Partner support areas and require maximum efficiency and accuracy within the team. We are currently looking to appoint a confident and proactive Cashier/ Purchase Ledger Assistant to provide effective support.
On the Cashiering side, you will provide cash management support for Finance and the wider College across various sites. You will be the link with the Admissions Team, Reception Team, and other departments who receive money for the College. This will include preparing and processing cash sheets, banking, cash/ credit card reconciliations, float/ petty cash preparation and liaising with our cash collections contractor.
On the Purchase Ledger side, you will be assisting with processing invoices and purchase orders, setting up new suppliers. This will include communicating both internally and externally on a variety of Purchase Ledger issues.
Closing Date: Friday 24th May 2019
As the successful candidate you will have
- Have proven experience of working in a finance team.
- Have experience of cash handling/banking/ purchase ledger.
- Show the ability to identify problems and resolve on own initiative.
- Be able to work as part of a team or under own initiative.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Be IT literate – and have a familiarity with MS Excel and Word.
- Have a good basic education including GCSE level C or equivalent in Maths.
- Have the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Please apply via the link.