Subject Leader - Psychology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
Would you like to create a better world through education? At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. This is a fantastic job opportunity giving you the chance to join the Learning and Teaching Team as a Subject Leader and make a difference to the students journey by overseeing pathways within the Bellerbys Foundation Programme. This is a part-time job role and we are interested to speak with candidates that have expertise in one of the following areas:
Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computing, Maths
Your role would see you leading the academic development and annual monitoring of all modules on the relevant pathway. You would provide support and training to those delivering the modules in the subject field and ensure the integrity and quality of assessments, the curriculum and the constructive alignment of the modules to the programme.
In this job you would have the opportunity to work with a number of key stakeholders across the business, building effective relationships that can continually enhance the programme. There will be travel required, and we can be flexible on your location.
- Liaise with a variety of different stakeholders to maintain the currency and quality of each module to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university degree programmes.
- Maintain and update the VLE site for students to ensure that module sites are consistent with the Study Group VLE framework and that students are provided with additional support materials for each module of the subject area, assessment practice and resources to promote wider research or reading of their field of interest
- Source, produce and update teaching and assessment materials for Bellerbys Foundation teachers for each module of the pathway and maintain the teacher VLE site for the pathway
- Take responsibility for the academic development and appropriate diversification of the modules on the pathway.
- Organise and contribute to the writing of exam papers, mark schemes and other assessments for the modules in the pathway
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You would have significant experience teaching at a minimum of Level 3 and above in Psychology, Biology Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Computing.
- You will have experience developing a curriculum of the modular framework.
- You'll require a minimum of a Degree in Maths/Computing
- A form of teaching qualification is essential
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.