Senior Learning Technologies Coordinator
We are looking for a Senior Learning Technologies Coordinator to help support the strategic development of learning technologies across the Study Group UK and Europe network and assist our Higher Education eLearning team in their day-to-day training.
This is a permanent position which will be considered on both a full or part time basis with extensive travel requirements, supporting 17 International Study Centres and 3 Bellerbys Colleges. This is either a remote/work from home role or has the potential to be based in any of our centres across the UK.
You will be a highly organised individual, managing the varied requirements for technological development in place across the network, with a passion for supporting the needs of our academic teams and students alike.
Assisting the Head of Curriculum: Learning Technologies, you will work to produce regular reports on the progress in use of learning technologies by centre and facilitating the sharing of good practice across the network. A facilitative approach is required of the successful individual, who will be required to ensure the development and implementation of VLE frameworks and other technologies via individual and group training, alongside presenting at teachers' conference as required.
- To liaise regularly with the Head of Curriculum: Learning Technologies, planning projects and training across the Study Group centres.
- To facilitate and maintain regular communication with HE eLearning team.
- To provide wider, regular reports on centre learning technology needs.
- To collect reports from APs and identify actions for the attention of the Head of Curriculum: Learning Technologies.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with IT Services to assist with reporting problems, directing support where it's needed and planning projects and trials.
- To provide training in new technologies as necessary.
- To travel to centres to provide one-to-one training as required and to assist with group training, ensuring in advance that hardware/software requirements are met.
- To create online training materials in Study Smart, including video tutorials and printable instructions.
- To assist in promoting and developing the use of the VLE as a whole college/centre platform.
- To support implementation of ISC and Bellerbys VLE frameworks.
- To contribute stories and news to social media and marketing departments as required.
- To attend training courses and conferences when required and disseminate useful ideas.
- To present at teachers' conference and other conferences as required.
- To support the preparation and delivery of LT presentations by APs at conferences.
- Qualified teacher.
- Other relevant training e.g. CMALT, Moodle educator certificate, MOOCs, JISC training etc.
- Proven ability to train one-to-one and in group format.
- Proven ability to run motivating workshops.
- Proven and innovative use of technology in own practice including the institution's VLE.
- Experience of working with teachers from all subject backgrounds.
- Familiarity with Study Smart and/or other VLE, Notebook, screen casting, mobile learning tools, and current teaching methodologies especially learning supported by technologies.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.