Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. We teach customised programmes across higher, language and online education starting from high-school to life-long learning. Study Group operates its own colleges and partners with leading universities across UK, Europe, North America and Australasia.
Our Bellerbys College Brighton is looking for a permanent, full time Residential Supervisor to provide support, supervision and care to students within the Brighton boarding house, outside of college hours. You will work 6 days on and 2 days off working between the hours of 5pm and 11pm. Our students range between 13 and 22 years old and will rely on you to care for them, assisting with anything from problems with accommodation to issuing medication.
Though not requiring any specific qualifications, experience in a similar role would be extremely helpful to this role. The perfect candidate will be empathetic and calm mannered, with a background in working in potentially pressurised situations.
Life at Bellerbys College Brighton is about much more than the chance to get a great education. We help our students get immersed in college life and the city that will become home during their studies with us. Much like our students, our residential team is very diverse and enthusiastic to offer the best support possible.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- To encourage students to enjoy their life in the residence.
- To assist with in-residence activities and events.
- To assist with welcoming students and inducting them into the residence.
- To ensure that the students are aware of college rules and apply sanctions as required (with the permission of the Head of Boarding).
- To undertake curfew checks and report missing students.
- To care for unwell boarders including providing Homely remedies and non-prescription medication (once training is completed).
- To ensure that all H&S breaches and repairs are reported to the Maintenance team.
- To assist with fire evacuations and emergency exits from the building.
- To send compile and send handover reports at the end of each shift.
- To work flexibly with the team across all shifts.
- To provide on-call cover overnight as per rota.
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility deemed reasonable by the Principal or Director of Welfare.
- Educated to A level.
- First Aid.
- Certified at enhanced DBS level (check undertaken prior to employment).
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff across the college.
- A can do attitude.
- Empathetic approach to our students.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.