The education department at HMP Spring Hill are recruiting for a Carpentry Lecturer to join the fantastic team within the prison. This is an amazing opportunity, which will be both challenging and highly rewarding. As a Carpentry tutor / lecturer / teacher, you will be delivering a Carpentry course to a diverse group of learners within the prison.
Milton Keynes College are seeking an innovative Lecturer with excellent Carpentry knowledge and skills. You will use your industry experience to support learners. Helping them to develop confidence, skills and experience in order to achieve Level 1 and 2 Carpentry qualifications, which learners can then utilise to gain sustainable employment upon release or secure a career in custody.
As a valued member of the Milton Keynes Prison Education team, you will also help to develop a strong Carpentry/Vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Carpentry. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Carpentry teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.