Site Supervision Apprentice
Employer: John Sisk & Son Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Higher Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 2nd September 2019
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
An Apprenticeship with John Sisk & Son could be your first step on an exciting journey to Site or Project management. We are looking for talented, practical Apprentices to be our next generation of Site and Project Managers. You will be passionate about working with people whom we see as key to delivering successful projects.
Some of the daily tasks for successful candidates will be:
- To be an active member of the site operations team.
- Assist Site Managers with site inductions.
- Ensures tool box talks are being conducted.
- Assists with co-ordination of site logistics.
- Works closely with sub-contractors.
- Adheres to H and S regulations and leads by example.
- Completes weekly safety inspections and reports outputs as required.
- Completes spot-checks of works and reports discrepancies as appropriate.
- Adopts the BIM Model and how it fits into construction processes.
- Demonstrates a range of skills, knowledge and understanding to achieve acceptable quality standards within a sustainable built environment.
- Will understand monitoring systems and protocols.
- Plan activities within construction and built environment projects.
- Other elements as deemed relevant to your role and level of your development.
- Strong numerical and verbal competence.
- Interest in working in the Construction Industry.
- Understanding and experience of working as part of a tight-knit team.
- Flexible mind-set.
- Keen to learn,
- Thrives on working with others,
- Enjoys working under pressure.
GCSE maths grade: C or equivalent FS Level 2.
GCSE English grade: C or equivalent FS Level 2.
In addition, all applicants must have achieved or be predicted to achieve A-levels or BTEC/GNVQ equivalent, preferably in a construction or STEM related field.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.