Employer: Albion House
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 3rd June 2019
Working week: Monday to Friday (times TBC)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Main responsibilities are to summarise and read code relevant information from patient’s clinical records, hospital correspondence and other sources into the practice computer system, working strictly in accordance with the practice notes summarising and read code protocols.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient’s medical history.
- Read Coding the information into the practice clinical system.
- Auditing data collection standards in the practice.
- Monitoring patient call and recall systems .
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into electronic patient Record.
- File copies of hospital referrals.
- File hospital letters.
- Scanning of letters and relevant correspondence into patient’s notes.
- Summarisation of patient’s notes when requested.
- To ensure the efficient running of the practice computer system, carrying out searches, audits and recalls as required by the doctors, nurses and manager.
- Troubleshoot clinical database .
- Pro-actively initiate data quality improvement projects.
- Set up and maintain new users according to practice protocol, ensuring they have access to required applications.
- Ensure templates are up to date and accurately entered within appropriate time frames.
- Ensure backups are carried out to a regular schedule and that the backups are restorable.
- Load upgrades of GPASS, ensuring they run in accordance to instructions and that all users are aware of any resulting changes or updates.
- Troubleshoot IT problems and identify solutions. Where appropriate, report IT faults to appropriate supplier’s helpdesk.
- Assist in production of repeat prescriptions within the daily timetable, ensuring accuracy and compliance with the repeat prescription protocol. Alert the practice manager or GPs of any problems arising from repeat requests.
- Enter test results and consultation data into patient records ensuring accuracy and compliance with current read code policy.
- Advise the IT manager/practice manager of any problems arising from data entry which are otherwise unresolvable.
- Run contract searches and reports.
- Ensure data is consistently entered and run searches to find anomalies.
- Provide training support to GPs, practice nurses and admin staff.
- Ensure new staff know how to log on to the desktop, can use any applications they require and that they understand the practice’s protocol on data security.
- Ensure security of data in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Any other duties commensurate with skills and responsibilities.
- Sound knowledge of Windows and MS Office.
- Awareness of data security requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Flexible approach, team player.
GCSE A-D in maths and English, or equivalent, is required.
An IT qualification is highly desirable.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.