Apprentice 4D Modeller
Employer: John Sisk & Son Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 1st June 2019
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who wants to broaden their knowledge of 3D Software in the built environment and construction processes.
This role will allow the individual to develop their construction understanding through practical development on some of the UK’s most exciting projects.
The main focus for the successful candidate is to develop virtual models, to be used for communication and buildability purposes. There needs to be a keen eye to detail, and 3D models need to be developed with the construction sequence in mind to aid 4D production visualisations.
Main activities to be undertaken will be:
- Working closely with the 4D Planner and wider planning team, to produce 3D models, for Buildings (structural and architectural), Logistics and temporary works to provide visibility to the construction programme.
- Working closely with planners and BIM managers to ensure 3D models and programmes are adequately developed and up to the company’s 4D standards.
- Potential to partake in some site meetings and using the 3D/4D models to review the construction design and sequence
- Updating the 3D objects and schedules as and when required by the delivery team.
- This role will also develop into working with site teams, to find solutions that will assist in the efficient running of projects using digital technologies.
- Good understanding of Autodesk Software; in particular- Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks.
- Microsoft Office software.
- Great communication skills.
- Some knowledge of construction.
- Confident and able to work as part of a team.
- Punctual and good at managing time.
- Great social skills, and confident speaking with new groups of people.
- Keen attention to detail.
- GCSE maths grade: C or equivalent FS Level 2
- GCSE English grade: C or equivalent FS Level 2
For more information or to apply, please click the link.