Business Tutor- Finance and Accounting
6 days left
- Part Time
University of Sussex International Study Centre (ISC) is looking for a permanent, part time Business Finance and Accounting Tutor to deliver highly effective modules at levels 3, 4 and 6. The right candidate will have a passion for teaching, combined with a commitment to educate international students.
Our Business department, responsible for approximately 60% of the students across our Sussex ISC, are committed to building a better world for our international students through higher education. Providing an innovative and interactive teaching approach will allow you to contribute successfully to our curriculum. We are looking for an individual who is excited at the prospect to join our large, dynamic team and continue to offer the best possible results to our international student body.
This is a part time role offering 3 days contact time per week plus marking and additional student administration duties.
As a Business Finance and Accounting Tutor you will be expected to cover at least two of the following subject:
Foundation Year- Level 3
- Accounting and Finance
Year 1- Level 4
- Accounting, Principles of Finance, Theory of Investment, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
Pre-Masters- Level 6
- Finance and Investment
Although surrounded by a beautiful national park, we are only a short train journey from Brighton.
You will contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions (using VLE) as well as preparing and delivering the classes to small groups of 15-20 international students using a student centred approach.
Responsibility isn't just limited to the classroom. You will be committed to provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials and marking assessments outside of contact time putting the student's progression at the heart of everything you do.
- A Bachelor degree (Desirable) in the relevant subject area. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome; and a Master's degree is normally essential for teaching on international Pre-Masters programmes.
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Industrial experience working within a Business' Financial and/or Accounting function.
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday pro-rated
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.