Employer: ASJ Electrical Services
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
Possible start date: 27 May 2019
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
To assist carpenter in various task in carpentry works, with a view to be able to take on the role in the future.
Main duties to include:
- Installing first fixing components on site.
- Installing second fixing components on site.
- Erecting structural carcassing components on site.
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry on site.
- Setting up and using transportable: cutting machines including drill, jigsaw, chop saw, reciprocating saw, planer as well as powered shaping machines including sander, router.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Load / unload and store materials and equipment as directed.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, showing respect, maintaining expected standards of work, and tidying up at the end of a job.
- Understand the risk assessments and method statements relating to your area of work and to work in a safe manner taking account other people’s health, safety and wellbeing.
- Follow our health and safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Undertake health and safety training as required.
- Raise any safety concerns with a supervisor.
- Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required and be capable of working independently in the final year of your apprenticeship.
- Undertake other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonably required.
- Basic mathematical knowledge in order to perform the job role.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Communication skills.
- Desire to learn and develop.
Candidates must have - 5 GCSEs including maths and English at C/ Grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
Candidates must also have a Level 2 Carpentry Diploma, Pathway 1 (Site Carpenter) qualification.
The possibility of a full time post upon completing the apprenticeship, with future prospects of personal growth within the organisation.
Things to consider:
As a labourer, this role is physically demanding.
Site work at different locations, transport will be provided from the Office. Therefore, the apprentice is required to make their way to and from the office.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.