Commis Chef Apprentice
Employer Name: The White Hart Pub
Working Week: 4 days out of 7
Duration: 15 Months
Possible Start Date: 06/05/2019
The White Hart is little more than a hop, skip and jump from Bicester village, looking for a dedicated Commis Chef apprentice. This is your big chance to be on the ladder to success of becoming a great chef and learn all there is to know.
We are dedicated to sourcing from British farmers and producers and using only sustainable ingredients.
The White Hart, located in the lovely village of Preston Bissett in Buckingham, traditional thatched roof English pub offering seasonal dishes in a fantastic atmosphere.
Successful candidates will be trained on every section within the kitchen (larder, sauce, pastry) all products are made on site to the highest standard possible using classic techniques with a modern twist using seasonal & foraged items.
Duties to include:
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and follow company standards.
- Ensure uniform is well presented.
- Completing tasks set by the senior chefs in the kitchen.
- Deliver high standards of excellence.
- Food Hygiene
- Maths and English at GCSE grades A-C/ 4-9 (or equivalent)
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
- College attendance at Bletchley College
- Ongoing training and support from both employer and college
- Regular visits into the workplace
- Know it, live it, show it
- End point assessment
Please apply via the link.