Trainee Technical Support Technician Advanced Apprenticeship (1)
2 days left
- Full Time
Employer Name: Niftylift Limited
Working Week: 40 hours a week
Duration: 48 Months
Possible Start Date: 09/09/2019
Are you looking to start your career in Engineering? Do you have good manual dexterity and problem solving skills? Niftylift have opportunities available where you will develop into a top class Engineer.
Niftylift Limited are Europe's market leaders in the design, development, manufacture and service of state of the art Aerial Work Platforms. We supply a global market place with good value, innovative, quality access solution products. Please see our website: niftylift.com for further details on the company, its product range and the market place that we supply.
We require individuals who are self-motivated, have good manual dexterity and problem-solving skills. The job will include hands-on skills that will then be developed into a technical engineering support role within Production, Design, Development, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Customer Support / Service, Supply Chain / Purchasing disciplines of the manufacturing business at Milton Keynes. The successful applicant will develop into a top-class Engineer with a developed knowledge and understanding of all technical support elements of the business, as well as a solid foundation in the Mechanical. Electrical and Hydraulic engineering disciplines employed within the Niftylift product range.
During the 4 year programme, individuals will develop their skills in the role of Trainee Technical Support Technician and on successful completion of the training programme/apprenticeship, full-time employment may be offered in one of the following positions.
Design Engineer Roles
- Innovative, and comprehensive design specifications developed to provide design specifications for cost-effective manufacture and exceeding customer requirements.
- Details design support within project teams ensuring aesthetic, robust, quality design solutions are achieved, through utilisation of a wide range of materials and manufacturing methods.
- Fully competent usage of the full range of tools incorporated within Pro Engineer 3D CAD package.
- Support the manufacture of the company's existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information/ systems/manufacturing processes / BOMs and system troubleshooting/diagnostics.
Quality Control & Engineer Roles
- To effectively and efficiently control and administer the company's quality control systems in line with ISO9001, TUV and other company defined standards.
- Process all non-conformities through the internal/external quality note system, including identification of agreed preventative actions.
- Provide and manage a framework for the Warranty Returns and Customer Complaints through the company's 8D system.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance for component field failures, ensuring parts are diagnostic / analysed and project managed through to preventative design, supply or build action.
- Conduct Supplier Evaluation Audits and development programs.
- Responsible for establishing trends, corrective and preventative actions to support both Niftylift internal and external supply chain.
- Development of robust machine testing procedures and inspection, including hands-on hot testing.
Production/Manufacturing/Development Engineer Roles
- To support the manufacture of the company's existing and new product range through generating effective engineering information/systems/manufacturing processes / BOM's and facilities in accordance with H&S legislation.
- To implement a successful Lean Manufacturing culture, focusing on continual improvement and the elimination/reduction of all wastes. Developing and establishing lean standard operation times.
- Generating/maintaining accurate build specifications and works order information on the company's manufacturing system. Communicate and support drawing issues/changes with production.
- Compliance and development of legislation/company health and safety systems.
- Provide mechanical and electrical fault finding/problem-solving support direct to production cells, maintaining fault diagnostics database.
Engineering Commodity Buyer Roles
- Global sourcing of engineered products. Develop contracts and supplier agreements, with key partnership suppliers.
- Continuous cost down, through strong constructive negotiation, including driving supplier's technical / engineering resources, global and currency sourcing, correct supplier selection (skills, resource and facilities).
- Develop and maintain ordering methods and rolling delivery schedules.
- Maintain and develop the materials control and purchasing planning parameters on the company's manufacturing software system.
- Develop, measure, approve and audit supply base.
- Production Supervision & Management Roles
- To effectively manage and develop people, plant, layout and systems, to achieve both effective and efficient quality production within defined sectors of the operations business.
- Efficient organisation and utilisation of staff, including compliance with health and safety standards, skills flexibility.
- Measuring, reporting and managing key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain build quality to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction standards.
- To support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies throughout the complete production area.
- People/culture development and training in alignment with new methods/practices being introduced.
- Ensuring company procedures and standards are complied with.
This engineering training opportunity is a win-win situation of learning and earning at the same time. Niftylift offers a competitive wage, health cover, contributory pension, life insurance and holiday allowance scheme.
What happens next?
If you are a successful applicant you'll be invited in for an initial interview and assessment at Niftylift. You will also be invited for an interview and assessment at Milton Keynes College. Interviews and Assessments will commence from March 2019.
Thank you for showing an interest in Niftylift and good luck with your application!
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent): Grade 4 (C) or above including Maths, English and Science or Level 2 Engineering qualification
Based at Milton Keynes College:
- EAL Level 2: Foundation Competence Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- EAL Level 3: Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- EAL Level 3: Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Technical Support Technician
- Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- In House Training / Experience
Learning, experiencing and mastering all of the skills, systems and practices in the following department, flowlines and cells:
- Product Line Assembly & Supply Cells
- Production Engineering Department
- Quality Assurance Department
- Purchasing Department
- Development Cell
- Test & Validation Cell
- Service / Customer Support Department
- Systems Engineering Department
- Hydraulic & Powertrain Department
- Structural Design & Analysis Department
- Product Styling & Human Factors Department
- General Engineering, Design & Detailing
- Product Development, Planning & Administration
Please apply via the link.