Subject Leader- Engineering, Computing, Maths and Statistics
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
This is a superb opportunity to lead on the Curriculum and Teaching and Learning across all Engineering, Computing, Maths and Statistics programmes delivered at the centre. Working with a passionate and highly skilled Academic team, you will ensure that academic standards are applied rigorously and consistently and that provision is of the highest quality.
As the Subject Leader, you will provide academic leadership for a cognate subject area across all programme levels, working closely with the Head of Curriculum & Progression and other Subject Leaders to ensure appropriate integration.
- Maintain academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of a cognate group of modules within both International Foundation Year and Pre-Masters Programme.
- Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and represent the Centre at appropriate events and meetings within the Study Group network, the partner university and externally.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Curriculum and Progression, work closely with tutors and University departments to maintain the currency and fitness for purpose of modules to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, and to maximise progression.
- In conjunction with the Head of Curriculum and Progression identify, develop and implement activities to enhance students’ experience within the subject area including use of guest speakers, trips and visits and in liaison with HEI Link Tutors and other schools, arrange a variety of transition activities relevant to the subject routes.
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a teaching load of circa 15 hours per week, including, where required, providing tutorial support to a specified number of students through the academic year.
- Work with the E-Champion to integrate technology based learning and assessment and lead electronic resource development in the subject area to meet the Provider’s VLE published standards.
- Take responsibility for annual review, academic development and appropriate diversification of the provision in a given subject area.
- Minimum Bachelor degree and a post graduate qualification.
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
- Planning and leading CPD and training.
- Experience of working with international students.
- 30 days holiday.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.