Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Employer Name: BWC Group
Working Week: Mon - Fri
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 17/06/2019
Do you have a passion for a role where you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of responsibilities within IT? This is a fantastic chance for you to join their IT team where you will be involved with supporting the internal IT infrastructure. This position is based in the Crownhill area of Milton Keynes.
Reporting into the Group Operations Director, you will be in a large open plan office with a close-knit and very supportive team.
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist on the internal IT Helpdesk, organising workload and managing ticket priorities within SLAs
- Provide 1st line support, troubleshooting user issues and maintaining system stability
- Provide remote support to home users over the phone, as well as through email & messaging
- Set up new user equipment and accounts
- Install new software and hardware for user systems
- Supply critical data and reporting to all areas of the business
- Troubleshoot network issues and ensure maximum up-time
Things to consider
- Located in the Crownhill area of Milton Keynes, their office is based on a business park and a number of parking spaces. There is also a number of bus stops nearby that run services around the local area.
- 20 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- GCSEs at C/4 and above maths, English, and IT ( or equivalent)
- Minimal experience required though a passion for IT is essential
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
Full Apprenticeship standard in Level 3 Advanced IT Infrastructure Technician
- Functional skills (if required in both Maths and English)
- College attendance
- Regular visits from the college into the workplace
- Assessments and observations in the workplace
- On-going training and support from the employer
- End Point Assessment
Please apply via the link.