IT Data Acquisition Apprentice (Automotive)
Employer Name: Nebula Systems Ltd
Working Week: Monday – Friday 9am – 17:30pm
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 20/05/2019
As an Automotive Data Acquisition Technician, you will be responsible for creating what powers MECH5: Vehicle ECU information. You will also have to test and debug what you develop on real Vehicles. At Nebula, you will be working with a team of skilled, highly motivated individuals working towards hitting milestones and deadlines.
At Nebula Systems, you will be working with a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals working towards hitting milestones and deadlines. In the crucial role of an Automotive Data Acquisition Technician, you will be responsible for creating what powers the worlds first fully cloud based vehicle diagnostics platform: www.MECH5.com. You will also have to test and debug what you develop on real vehicles.
The role will include working in and out of the office, visiting car sales sites to map and test vehicle telematic data using our in house software and cloud based tools. In some circumstances you may be required to remotely map vehicle data from the office or potentially by going overseas.
- Finding vehicles that customers require to be mapped. Ensuring all reverse engineering software, tools and laptops are up to date and working.
- Logging vehicle communications for the development team to add vehicle data to Nebula's telematics and MECH5 coverage.
- Supporting customers via email and phone with queries and questions regarding MECH5 and NC1701.
- Reporting feedback and suggestions
- Quality Assurance / testing new software releases
- Installing and maintaining OEM and aftermarket scantools
- Technical Support - maintaining FAQ site, email (Zendesk) & phone support, remote assistance
- Working outside the office – Mapping vehicles, testing software/firmware’s
- Remote Mapping
- Internal IT support
- Planning / finding required vehicles
Things to consider:
- Full clean UK driving license.
- As part of our recruitment process you will be required to undertake security checks
- Travel to customer locations
- Free parking
- Close to bus routes
- Safe bike storage
- Kitchen area on site to prepare food
- Lunch vans visit the industrial estate
- Team outings
- The employer is somewhat flexible as long as the hours are completed so if the candidate needs to start earlier and finish earlier this can be accommodated
- 4 weeks paid leave plus bank holidays
GCSE English and Maths A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalents.
- Able to work on own as well as in a team.
- Computer literate.
- Component knowledge
- Has problem-solving skills with a hands on approach
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passionate about technology
- Interest in the automotive industry
- Attention to detail
The apprenticeship will incorporate face to face workshops, online learning and on the job experience.
- Apprenticeship Standard for IT Infrastructure Technician
- Attendance at College
- Regular visits from the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of online portfolio
- End Point Assessment
- Ongoing support from the College and employer
In addition to achieving a Level 3 IT Infrastructure qualification the apprentice will also study for the following:
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 1 – Networking & Architecture
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile & Operating Systems
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 2 – Cloud Services
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 4 – Coding & Logic
- ITIL Foundation Level
Nebula Systems was formed in 2013 in response to the growing need for cloud access to vehicle data. We’re passionate about developing innovative cloud solutions for the connected-car industry and our multi-awarding winning www.MECH5.com platform represents the core that drives existing and new products and services for: • Vehicle and fleet owners • Roadside assistance companies • Garages • Third party partners Our products and services simplify the process of leveraging data from the connected-car which in turn allows you to create new and exciting products for your customers.
Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship the employer is looking to offer a full time permanent position within the company. As an Apprentice you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice extra card. This will allow you to gain discounts on food, travel and over 200 online and high street retailers.
Please apply via the link.