Engineering Toolmaker Apprentice
Employer Name: Wipac Limited
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 42 Months
Possible Start Date: 26/08/2019
Wipac are looking to recruit an Engineering Toolmaker apprentice to provide support in the tooling activities within the company for the production of Specialist Lighting. If you enjoy working in a hands on role, apply today.
Wipac Ltd are a successful Tier 1 automotive supplier, designing and manufacturing high technology LED exterior lighting for a range of premium OEM’s such as Aston Martin, Bentley, McLaren, Rolls Royce and Lamborghini. The role is based at our modern design and manufacturing facility in Buckingham, UK.
- Provide support in the tooling activities within Wipac for the production of Specialist Lighting.
- Tooling strip down and diagnosis for repair
- Tooling improvements
- Support the production areas in technical assessment of tooling issues
- Preventive maintenance of tooling
- Complete tool reports and ordering of spare parts
- Maintenance data control of moulds
- Polishing of A surface moulds to quality acceptable levels
- Cleaning of tool faces to a quality finish within the moulding machine
- Preventive maintenance of the shop’s machinery
- Implement modifications to moulds if applicable
- Fabrication of fixtures and spare parts for tooling
- Liaise with external tool shops
- Maintain Spare parts system
- Maintain tooling standards and enhancements.
- Interface with New production Tooling Manager on new tooling
- Comply with the quality and environment standards procedures and instructions
- Involvement in all activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
- You will be trained on power assisted mechanical handling
- On-site parking and canteen
- Please check your travel arrangements to and from both the workplace and MK College
- The opportunity to work as part of an integral team
- Inhouse learning and development advisor to support you and your apprenticeship
Salary: After three months probationary period your salary will increase to £13,500
- GCSE Grade A-C/4-9 in English, Maths and Science/Technology subject (or equivalent)
Apprenticeship Standard for Engineering Technician
- Level 2 in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Attendance at Chaffron Way Campus - 3 days in Year 1, 1 day in Years 2 & 3, no college attendance in Year 4
- Regular visits from the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio and taking your final assessment (Test)
Please apply via the link.