Business Administration Apprentice
Employer Name: PICS (Partnerships in Children's Services)
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 17/06/2019
Are you a friendly and reliable individual looking to start your career in Business Administration? This could be the perfect opportunity for you. PiCS are currently recruiting for a Business Administration Apprentice to join their growing team. Apply now for this fantastic position!
Overview of role:
- Providing reception facilities at PiCS’ Head Office, including dealing with incoming and outgoing mail, telephone switchboard and meeting and greeting visitors to the building.
- Providing administration support to the Orange Grove Milton Keynes offices , adapting hours sometimes to suit the needs of the business
- Provide front line reception facilities for all visitors to Wavendon Tower at allocated times, making them feel welcome and directing visitors to other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain room booking system and liaise with booking contact in respect of room set-up and catering requirements, organise corporate lunches as required, set up rooms as required and ensure they are cleared away and left tidy and secure after meetings.
- Open, record and distribute all post, including parcel deliveries.
- Frank all outgoing mail, ready for collection by Royal Mail pick-up deadline.
- Maintain Wavendon Tower internal telephone list, including details of other offices and staff mobile phones
- Set up of online training induction modules for new employees joining the company
- To work with other administrators within the team
- To build up and maintain a supportive relationship with foster carers, as the post holder will be one of the first points of contact within the office
- To provide a comprehensive day to day administrative service for the OG office team to include:--
- Maintaining electronic databases and paper files
- Producing letters
- Message taking
- Able to use some graphics type applications for such as event flyers
- General data entry using the Company database Charms.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times relating to work issues.
- To undertake any other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objective of the post commensurate with ability and aptitude under the direction of the Registered Manager
Things to consider:
- PiCS are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- The above job description does not purport to cover all aspects of the post-holder’s duties but is intended to be indicative of the main areas of responsibility.
- This role is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, which will be carried out and paid for by the company.
- GCSE English and Maths A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalents.
- Apprenticeship Standard for Business Administrator
- Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
- Attendance at College and independent study within the workplace
- Regular visits from the College to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- End point assessment
- Ongoing training and support from the College and employer
Please apply via the link.