Apprentice Software Developer
Employer Name: Torque Motorsport
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 13/05/2019
Torque Motorsport are a small but rapidly growing Motorsport Media and PR agency based in Silverstone. Due to continued expansion a new role has been created for a talented Website and Application Developer to join our team. If you have a passion for the latest techniques, digital trends and enjoy motorsports this is an ideal role for you.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic developer with a passion for the latest techniques and digital trends and ideally someone who enjoys motorsport. They must exhibit design flair and a consideration for the user experience whilst creating robust, database driver applications for the motorsport industry.
You’ll be working on a variety of projects including: CMS websites, marketing microsites, HTML emailers, CMS development, mobile app design with GPS integration and ecommerce implementation.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to work on motorsport related projects both for clients and to develop new products for the Business.
The successful candidate will learn and provide support with the following:
- A keen eye for detail
- By the end of the apprenticeship you will gain a good understanding of UX
- Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud software is highly desirable
- A positive and flexible can-do attitude where getting the job done is paramount
- Able to work on own initiative, and find solutions to problems as they arise
- With responsibility for the coding, build, performance, testing, site and server security and maintenance of the solutions we provide. You will be responsible for producing working technical specifications and estimated costs pre-build and meeting all project delivery deadlines on time and within budget
- Updating, bug fixing and support
- Innovate and embrace new web technologies to help keep our solutions relevant
- Maintain professional communication and working practises with our customers and colleagues
- The successful candidate will be a good team player and willing to engage in the creative side of the job, engaging with the strategy, marketing and design functions to offer the best technical answer for the projects undertaken.
- Free parking
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
Things to consider:
- Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location
- Salary offered is between £15000 - £17000 depending on experience
- This vacancy may close early if we receive a high number of applications
- 5 x GCSEs Grade C/4 or above in English & Maths or equivalent
- BTEC Level 3 IT qualification Grade MMM or above with an element of coding
- an A Level in Computing or Maths Grade C or above
The apprenticeship will incorporate face to face workshops, online learning and on the job experience.
Your Apprenticeship training will include:
- Full Apprenticeship Standard in Level 4 Software Developer
- Functional skills (if required in both Maths and English)
- College Attendance at Silbury Campus
- Regular visits from the college into the workplace
- Assessments and observations in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- On-going training and support from the employer
- End Point Assessment
Please apply via the link.