Apprentice IT Services Engineer
Employer Name: Dynamic Technologies Europe Limited (Linford Wood)
Working Week: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 20/05/2019
Dynamic Technologies Europe Limited are currently looking to recruit an Apprentice IT Services Engineer to join their team and ever-growing business. This is a hands-on role with a large part of the work based on network device preparation. The role involves some assembly and racking of large IT equipment which will require hands-on lifting.
DTE are a supplier of IT Network hardware equipment and services. We are currently looking for an apprentice to assist in our ever-expanding services department. The services we offer are varied and range from simple out of the box preparation of equipment to full supersize warehouse wireless network designs.
A large part of the job is concerned with Network device preparation and involves some assembly and racking of large IT equipment (Racking and Stacking) which will require hands-on lifting from time to time.
Key Tasks include:
- Reading and understanding IT equipment Bill of Materials (BoM).
- Lifting and Handling.
- Racking and stacking of IT Devices.
- Asset Tagging of IT Devices.
- Hostname labelling.
- Base configuration. *
- Operating System and licencing standardisation. *
- Parts integration and assembly of some IT equipment.
- Recording configuration.
- Recording and managing BoM completion.
- Producing order to be ship ready for the delivery to the customer.
*We offer operating system imaging and configuration to our main customers, so the employee will be expected to learn network fundamentals and to become familiar with network device configuration.
Moving forward, the candidate will be expected to learn and fully understand wireless technologies, how to perform wireless site surveys using professional software and how to use 2D CAD to generate design layouts. We also perform on-site wireless verification surveys which will involve some travelling from time to time.
- Understanding of Wireless RF technologies.
- Understanding of Wi-Fi products from various vendors.
- Design Wireless networks (WLANs).
- Able to use professional Wireless Survey software to design and Verify WLANs (AirMagnet).
- Liaising with IT managers.
- Add designs to AutoCAD LT.
- Understanding of Switching and Routing.
Things to consider:
- Please ensure that you are able to travel to the employers location.
- Snack food provided
- Free parking
- 22 days’ paid annual leave plus bank holidays plus birthday day off!
- A fully funded training program to help you achieve your apprenticeship qualifications
- English and Math GCSE A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalents.
The Apprenticeship will incorporate face to face workshops, online learning and on the job experience.
In addition to achieving a Level 3 IT Infrastructure qualification the apprentice will also study for the following:
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 1 – Networking & Architecture
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile & Operating Systems
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 2 – Cloud Services
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 4 – Coding & Logic
- ITIL Foundation Level
Please apply via the link.